Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kilgore asked to crash on my couch... Really... A joke...that's a good one... really...

    In 2007 I was working at the city Zoo. I lived on the other side of the bay and took the Bus every mourning up and over the bridge to work. On clear days it offered quite a view. There was one particular  day  in the Spring that will forever sum up nicely this relationship.
As the Bus was reaching the apex of the bridge the clarity of the view was equaled only to the clarity of thought. I was suddenly thinking of Kilgore Trout. The relationship to Kurt over his life time was one of inspiration. What suddenly made sense was the knowledge that reality is the totality of awareness and perception. A transcendental experience that springs from deep down in the psyche and erupts into conscious mind with such zeal that I  can only describe as Pure Bliss. This is an old friend coming to visit right hear right now and asking if he can crash on the couch. Why would Kilgore ask to crash on my couch? He has just told me his life story. Everything is illuminated and I have an understanding how this all gone to be… So it goes…
    He left as as suddenly as he came , I went to work and just had a sense of calm    though out the entire day. I cant recall such a peaceful feeling lasting that long before. That feeling changed to something I can't describe shortly after I got home that day. The news was on… And there it was… Just matter of fact… It was being reported…

Kurt Vonnegut, , has died at age 84.

   

    So it goes…

    Really… Thats why he said he needs to crash on my couch… That's a good one.



"I've had a hell of a good time," Vonnegut once wrote. "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you any different."


This is the first time I have told this story. I can't keep that to myself. Anymore than I could just make that up. I felt his  presence that day and it was undeniable.
this eleventh Day of April , in the Year 2007.

    So it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment